Mission, Vision + Values
Kikino was founded in 2003 as a need was identified for Métis specific support and services in the Prince George area. Our agency and services offered are driven by the same core mission, vision and values we were founded upon a decade ago. We firmly believe and uphold these principles and strive to incorporate them into program development and service provision.
The Kikino Métis Children & Family Services Society is a non-profit society that is recognized and empowered by the Métis citizens of Prince George and the Métis Nation of British Columbia to provide holistic services that promote the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of Métis children and families in the community.
The Kikino Métis Children & Family Services Society will promote the health (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually) and well-being of the Métis community by:
- Increasing cultural awareness to the communities in the Prince George and its geographical area;
- Honouring and supporting the importance of a healthy family environment in the delivery of holistic programs and services; and
- Encouraging stronger relationships among Métis Elders and our youth and our families and our community.
- We believe in honouring our Métis culture and in fostering pride in our history;
- We believe in focusing in on our family strengths knowing that there are many resources and much knowledge within our Métis families;
- We believe in working professionally, confidentially and respectfully with our clients, practicing ethically at all times;
- We believe in creating a safe and nurturing environment in which people will be open to change and growth; and
- We believe when you heal a child you heal a family, when you heal a family you heal a community, when you heal a community you heal a Nation.